I've just completed transcribing my 1st few pages (3 weather and 1 events). I thought I should get some feedback and ask some questions before going further.
1. I had trouble deciding how to enter the Noon Location. Since 'observations' was only crossed out on the Latitude line, I entered the latitude and bearing distance data in Location box1 as Place Name and longitude in Location box2 as Observed.
Should I have entered this differently?
Loc Type: Place Name Lat: N 35 29 Long: -- Name: Cross Bearing distance N. 35o29' Piedras Blancos Lt. NxW1/2W. dist 12 miles.
Loc Type: Observed Lat: -- Long: W 121 16 Name: --
2. I had a problem with the 2 entry boxes that I created for the location data above since they overlapped. I originally had the 1st box to the left of the 2nd box. But then I couldn't click on the pencil to edit the 2nd box. It would disappear as I moved the cursor closer to it. I ended up having to shift the 1st box over to the right so it didn't overlap the pencil for the 2nd box.
Is there a way to edit an entry box besides clicking on its pencil?
3. There was no apparent space between the barometer numbers so I entered them as 3010 for example.
Is that OK?
4. I entered the location from the top of the page as a Place Name instead of a Port Name: Navy Yard, Mare Island, Cal
Is that correct?
5. I debated on how to enter the 12th hour for weather readings. Based on TWYS I entered them as Noon. and Mid.
Should I enter the 12th Hour as Noon. and Mid. or 12 and 12?
6. I didn't encounter this in my pages but if a particular weather hour is empty should I enter the hour and nothing else or omit that hour completely?
Here are links to my pages:http://oldweather.org/transcriptions/5285211bd168cc2d1100606c/edithttp://oldweather.org/transcriptions/52831780d168cc5173009195/edithttp://oldweather.org/transcriptions/5283221bd168cc2d11000094/edithttp://oldweather.org/transcriptions/52805ebcd168cc4669004e8f/edit
Thanks in advance for reviewing my pages!