Author Topic: Submission time AND Pages Repeating  (Read 17911 times)

mapurves

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
Re: Submission time AND Pages Repeating
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 10:51:25 pm »
After reloading the Miscellaneous Events page that wouldn't go up to O.W., I was taken to the login page, and when I logged in I was taken back to a weather entry page that I had done previously, and which seemed to go up properly. My log pages show that the last three pages I transcribed did not get into the system, although they did seem to go - i.e. I got the spinning hourglass, followed by a new page to transcribe.

I am reluctant to start these pages again unless I can be assured that the problem with OW is fixed. During this entire time, the message and blog pages seem to be working just fine. If anyone knows that the problem is fixed, please send me an email and I will start transcribing again. In the meantime, I will work on other chores  :(

Michael

Janet Jaguar

• Global Moderator
  • Smell the sea, feel the sky, & fly into the mystic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:56 pm »
This came up at today's meeting, and is being worked on.  I'll forward these further symptoms to Chris S. for the PTB.

mapurves

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 11:07:07 pm »
Thanks, Janet. (When I said email, I meant note to the forum or message.) Doing too many things and not to good at multitasking. (Writing minutes for a three hour meeting last night. Ughhh!)

M

Janet Jaguar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 11:21:44 pm »
They are trying hard to do their best - the Chicago office for Zooniverse and most the PTB was closed Monday and Tuesday due to the extreme cold; they may have been doing some of the computer stuff at home, but all the schedules are probably messed up today during the catch-up.  We are being heard, which means a lot.

mapurves

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 11:51:30 pm »
I know from experience how hard their jobs are. "Been there, done that," as they say.

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 10:48:55 pm »
I just had a Jamestown (1886) page with 24 weather readings and an events page with only the date save normally for me. :-\

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
  • Better to do it, than live with the fear of it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 02:58:31 pm »
It's still just as slow for me. I tried deleting all cookies, emptying the cache and restarting the browser, but that doesn't help.

leelaht

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 12:02:48 am »
I'm still slow, still doing new pages only.

mapurves

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 01:24:20 am »
I'm still finding problems with the data entry. I did two weather pages and two events pages with no problem and it took an average of 12 seconds from the time I clicked on the "I've finished with this page" button until the next page was displayed. However, on weather page number three, when I clicked on the "I've finished with this page" button, nothing happened. It's not a case of being slow, nothing at all happens. No spinning things, nothing in the URL window changes. It has now been five minutes, and still no change. I will have to refresh the page, which means I will have lost all my work. So, I've just done the refresh, been taken back to the login page, and after logging back in, I've got the same weather page again. Still with Explorer in Windows 8.1. I will switch to Firefox and see what happens with it.

mapurves

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 01:56:24 am »
I'm using Firefox now, one page went up OK, but I get the incomplete boxes on occasion. This image will give an idea, sometimes much more of the data entry box is missing. The way to get it to display is to scroll the page up or down a little. I've reduced the actual size of the image, it is much sharper than what appears here.

mapurves

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 02:03:50 am »
Here's a better example...

Janet Jaguar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 02:09:23 am »
You are putting it in the right thread, this is what I sent the PTB.  I hope they fix it soon.

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 07:35:06 am »
I use Firefox too, but I only seem to have the image problems when I switch to another tab and come back - but now that I am TRYING to do it, it is not happening ::)
Anyway, I find it only a minor problem and, like you, scroll up and down to fix it.

On Jamestown (1886) I am not seeing problems saving. Maybe it is because the ship is not very far along whereas Concord has a huge number of pages done? :-\ :-\

Caro

• Global Moderator
  • Our end is Life. Put out to sea. Louis MacNeice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 08:56:10 am »
Yes, it's a puzzle.
I use Firefox 26.0 and Windows 7 and have had no trouble submitting weather or remarks pages for three ships.
I have no problem with incomplete entry boxes either. It used to happen with previous versions of Firefox.

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
  • Better to do it, than live with the fear of it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2014, 09:35:28 am »
It's gotten even more puzzling for me:
I have Windows 7 and normally use Chrome, so I tried switching to Firefox - didn't help.
Then, while using Chrome, I went to the main vessels page, and hit the "Transcribe this vessel" button for all the active ships, one at a time.
I didn't transcribe any pages - I just wanted to see how long it would take to load.
Here's what it looks like:

Pioneer: Takes about 10-12 seconds to load
Bear, Unalga: 2-3 seconds
All the other ships: Just as fast as always

Could this have something to do with how much you do on a ship? I'm the Captain of the Pioneer, and one of the top 12 on Bear and Unalga, but I haven't done a single page for any other active ships.