Author Topic: Shipopoly  (Read 55998 times)

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
  • Better to do it, than live with the fear of it.
    • View Profile
Re: Shipopoly
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 04:45:48 pm »
I think it's fine the way it is. 200 per GO is not much when you consider that more than half the buyable properties cost at least 200.
And sure, it starts off slow but gets better as time goes by - which is how a good game should go!

Craig

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 06:09:21 pm »
I won't be joining you this time but one observation from last time is that too many players leads to fragmentation of the colour groups. It was only when people began to drop out that this changed. I was lucky to get the most valued real estate early on and boost the cost of landing there to over 1000 M.  So I would recommend limiting the number of players to four.  You are right, Leelaht, that the penalties are pretty low until you can buy sails. Perhaps you should be able to buy up to two sails per property you own even if you don't own the entire group. This would be equivalent to your suggestion of raising the price. If you like long and potentially boring games, though, you should leave it the way it is and allow many players.

Kathy

• Editor
  • In the beginning was the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 06:38:26 pm »
Thanks, but I too must decline this time -

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 06:54:53 pm »
Those are pretty good ideas, Craig.
In that case, starting with round 3, it shall be like this unless anybody disagrees:

- Limit to 4 players
- If you don't own all of a color group, you can buy up to 2 sailing ships on those bits that you do own

Michael P, would you please update the rules?

AvastMH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 07:01:03 pm »
all sounds good to me - let's give it a go with the new rules. I'm happy to go if you need someone to make up the four but I have to say that my plate is horribly full just now..see who wants to go in. Would we be interested to put in a time limit - how long did the last one last Hanibal?  :D

mapurves

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 07:03:07 pm »
In that case, starting with round 3, it shall be like this unless anybody disagrees:

- Limit to 4 players
- If you don't own all of a color group, you can buy up to 2 sailing ships on those bits that you do own

I will update them later today. I must respectfully decline the opportunity to play this time. Have to go to Calgary for a week in November.

Craig

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 07:15:01 pm »
Leelaht deserves the credit for the idea since this is just a simple way of implementing her suggestion of raising the rents.

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 09:13:02 am »
I added Joan because there's been so few Yays and so many Nays until now.

We just need one more person, and then we can start the game - Pretty Please, anybody?

HatterJack

• "Wind is to us what money is to life on shore."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 11:09:51 am »
I regretfully must sit this one out, as so much of my time is invested in research at the moment. Maybe the next game, though, if I can get some of my backlog finished up.

mapurves

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 04:42:48 pm »

- Limit to 4 players

Done.

I added under General a rule that the game is limited to a maximum of four players, and in the section about ships I added:

A captain may put one or two Sailing ships on any property owned by him or her, whether or not all the captain owns all the ports in a colour group. A port may have more than two Sailing ships only when a single captain owns all the ports in that colour group. Sailing ships must be added to all the ports in a colour group evenly; i.e. one port may not have four Sailing ships while another port in the same colour group has only one Sailing ship.

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 11:38:39 am »
So far, nobody has agreed to be the 4th player - but without a 4th player, we can't start another game!
Anybody wanna join? Pretty please?

AvastMH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 08:27:19 pm »
great idea - Bo'sun Pumpkin can take part? (don't laugh - we had a cook called Mr Fromage  ;) ;D ) I bet someone can invent a better name than that....  :D

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 08:31:37 pm »
I have an idea: Each game shall last for no more than 30 days.
When the 30 days are up, the player with the most assets (money, potential mortgage from owned properties and unused Get out of Jail cards) left shall be declared the winner.

How does that sound, folks?

AvastMH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 08:38:56 pm »
And if there is money in the Crow's nest it returns to the directly to the bank?  :)

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 09:13:53 pm »
So far, nobody has agreed to be the 4th player - but without a 4th player, we can't start another game!
Anybody wanna join? Pretty please?

According to the rules The game is limited to a maximum of four captains.

So, why not play with three?