oh my great giddy aunt - did anyone try making a discussion? Sorry to yell, but WHAT A MESS
It makes no sense whatsoever. Surely, when we have such an excellent forum here, we don't expect people starting on OW:W to start all over again with so much info??
1) Twice I ended up with a box covering the wind direction and force showing up twice for the same section of text. Does that mean that I should put wind direction in it, then wait for the next box to pop up and put the wind speed in?
2) Anyone spotted the tutorial please?
3) I'm transcribing on pages where there are details but they are not highlighted - am I clarifying odd stuff that others can't make out (difficult to believe since this is not writing that it so odd)? I can't get any reference for the page like a URL - I can just about see the date I guess.
4) OK - next problem. A bit of text was not clear, but was not highlighted correctly. So I got to see 'Thetis Is.', but it was the next word that was a problem (as I happened to see in a brief pop-up window that I wasn't expecting to see!). I couldn't shift the highlight box to that problematic word and so couldn't make it out.
5) Next problem...we're picking up places (and ships). anyone using this project will DEFINITELY need access to the Geog help lists, and may well be able to add to them. But there's NO SIGN of the OW Forum. When you think of the expansion of OWPaedia to cover all the info that came in from the move back to the age of sail, and the number of ship's names we have in the forum, our library of information should be invaluable to OW:W (and vice versa). That's NOT a reason to put OW Forum into Talk mind you!!! Talk wouldn't stand a chance of managing our reference library. Kind of wish that we had Kathy's ship/place database available more easily though
6) because the discussion system is currently weird/inexplicable I couldn't ask about strange things like a zero underlined over the top of the lat and long obs. I couldn't ask about an odd description next to 'Long' that wasn't 'obs' and didn't look like 'dead reckoning' either.
( It was fun for a bit of a change...easy enough work - but finding out that one day's sailing included slaughtering 60 walrus - oh well