Author Topic: Ask general questions  (Read 3577 times)

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ask general questions
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 10:33:11 pm »
We are working on a related issue
For now maybe the link could be added to FAQ and Terms found in whaling log books

Zovacor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 01:17:10 am »
On the ship information page, what is a "classification in progress" and a "complete classification?" Is that a completed logbook? page? single transcribed mark?

How frequently does a page that has many marks on it come up for someone else to add their markings? 

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
  • Better to do it, than live with the fear of it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 07:48:21 am »
On the ship information page, what is a "classification in progress" and a "complete classification?" Is that a completed logbook? page? single transcribed mark?

I believe that a "classification in progress" is a page that has not been fully transcribed, and a "complete classification" is a page that has been fully transcribed (however many times they demand it right now).

How frequently does a page that has many marks on it come up for someone else to add their markings?

If a page has already been marked, you don't need to mark it yourself. You just need to check the other person's work, and correct any mistakes.

If there is already a mark for something (e.g. a location) from a previous contributor, do I need to select "Yes" to the question about locations or not? If so, do I then need to provide a separate box?
Kevin's response - You don't need to remark things that have a good mark already.
Randi's response - This is in the tutorial ;)

There is a way to mark all the pages of a single voyage in whatever order you like, but I can't find the instructions for that right now.

AvastMH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 08:27:39 pm »
Slightly off the beaten track - will anyone be going to the:

Moby-Dick Marathon 20th Anniversary
January 7?10, 2016
Secure your spot as a Moby-Dick Marathon Reader!

Here's the link: http://www.whalingmuseum.org/programs/moby-dick-marathon-20th-anniversary-2016

I'd love to go but it's five hours behind me (and a few too many miles west of England). If anyone goes it would be lovely to hear about the event first hand.

;) ;) :D

Janet Jaguar

• Global Moderator
  • Smell the sea, feel the sky, & fly into the mystic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 10:10:02 pm »
It does sound interesting.  But they are an hour  and a thousand miles east of me.  Hope someone in the coastal New England are can catch it.

HatterJack

• "Wind is to us what money is to life on shore."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 04:29:32 am »
Man, I'd go in a heartbeat if New Bedford wasn't a 45 hour drive or a 10 hour flight. I've been wanting to go to the whaling museum for quite a long time, but cross country trips in the United States aren't an easy thing to pull off with limited vacation time.