Author Topic: Share your experience, contribute to a different type of science project!  (Read 1117 times)

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Citizen science is brilliant - that's why we're all on this site, right? But why? Please tell me about your experience, contribute to a different type of science project and you could win a ?50 voucher for Amazon! Just complete this survey about your citizen science experience, no matter how much or how little you volunteer: http://bit.ly/BUvol

The survey is part of a PhD project at Bournemouth University exploring how to enhance human well-being and project outcomes through volunteer engagement. The survey closes Nov. 30th. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please get in touch with me at gitte.kragh@bournemouth.ac.uk

Kind regards and thank you very much for your help in advance!

Gitte Kragh
Department of Life and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology
Bournemouth University

Hanibal94

• Shipherd
  • Better to do it, than live with the fear of it.
    • View Profile
Re: Share your experience, contribute to a different type of science project!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 09:41:02 am »
There was actually very little about citizen science in there - most of it was about volunteering in general.

HatterJack

• "Wind is to us what money is to life on shore."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 12:18:10 pm »
I'm with Hanibal on that observation. While the survey isn't a negative, it seems more focused on the psychology behind volunteering in general, rather than anything specific to citizen science. I feel as though any surveys that I spend more time rattling off why I climb aboard ships and take measurements of salmon runs, or replanting trees in areas where our local logging companies slack a bit on their own conservation efforts (sometimes actually doing it *for* the logging groups), rather than talking about OW, Planet Hunters, Floating Forests, etc. (I really didn't realize how many different Zooniverse projects I've taken on until just now... there's at least six more I didn't list), isn't really about what we do here.

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 12:28:23 pm »
Agreed. Try Physics Today would like to chat to some Zooniverse volunteers
One transcriber reported having a nice talk and said that they want to talk to more of us...

DZM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 09:43:06 pm »
We did okay this as well, just for the record!