Author Topic: Hassle Hassler  (Read 9160 times)

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hassle Hassler
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 06:34:43 pm »
Wonderful - thank you!

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 06:41:17 pm »
FYI: Deleting boxes: if you check "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" you will not be able to delete or clear anything until you exit that page!

Janet Jaguar

• Global Moderator
  • Smell the sea, feel the sky, & fly into the mystic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 06:47:32 pm »
Chrome  Windows 7

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »
Chrome  Windows 7
See the email I sent you - it is clumsy, but it does work.

Janet Jaguar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 06:52:24 pm »
Note: I get self-propagating endless boxes if I (accidentally or on purpose) try to make a box large enough to end outside the page edge.  (There may be other causes also.)

They can be ended by clicking 'Pan' no matter how many boxes appear getting that far, and ending the last one well within page limits.  Then delete the unwanted ones.

leelaht

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »
Did some annotating, stopped for an hour, then did transcribing.  Got only the pages I annotated.  Was hoping to get other's annotations to transcribe to see what other people were doing.

Skewed pages still a puzzle for me.  I'd straighten it out, but still by the time I got to the bottom the boxes were in the vicinity, but not on.  Maybe need to make header boxes extra wide?

No clue if anyone was working when I was.  All seemed normal.

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 07:11:08 pm »
I've noticed that the "vertical" lines on the right and left sides of the page are not parallel.
The pages seem to be slightly distorted as well as skewed - may be in the printing.

I am making extra wide header boxes.

I annotated and transcribed two, and then I annotated one: https://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/old-weather-2015/The_Arctic_Frontier/Coast_Geodetic_Survey/Hassler/hassler-1875-split/hassler-1875_0056-1.JPG (Feb 12)

AvastMH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 07:12:50 pm »
FYI: Deleting boxes: if you check "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" you will not be able to delete or clear anything until you exit that page!

yep - made THAT mistake  ::) ::)   Is "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs' of any use? :-\

AvastMH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 07:14:12 pm »
Okay - can I put my findings in here now please? - because one very very very weird thing happened.  :o ;)

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 07:21:27 pm »
Go ahead!

AvastMH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 08:58:17 pm »
Win7 Chrome 46

Annotated & Transcribed:
https://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/old-weather-2015/The_Arctic_Frontier/Coast_Geodetic_Survey/Hassler/hassler-1875-split/hassler-1875_0153-0.JPG
 Annotation = yes - very straightforward;  Transcription = mostly OK except that, when doing 9pm line of weather details they didn't pop up in order. I don't suppose this matters a bit to the database but it's very odd and I went to and fro across that line several times trying to work out why one detail was missed out, but popped up just before I moved to the next row. It's disconcerting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/old-weather-2015/The_Arctic_Frontier/Coast_Geodetic_Survey/Hassler/hassler-1875-split/hassler-1875_0285-0.JPG
 Annotation = Previous grid off centre - tried going to transcribe after agreeing grid - grid still off centre. Just thought I might have got lucky and found that they all fitted back together once I'd gone to 'transcribe' - oh well  ::)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/old-weather-2015/The_Arctic_Frontier/Coast_Geodetic_Survey/Hassler/hassler-1875-split/hassler-1875_0154-1.JPG
Annotation = got weather grid superimposed onto remarks page so said 'no' to using that grid. Then had no problems with drawing new boxes EXCEPT that the old grid was still visible making it hard to read the text on this remarks page. AND I couldn't draw boxes easily because the p[age was covered in the old grid boxes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/old-weather-2015/The_Arctic_Frontier/Coast_Geodetic_Survey/Hassler/hassler-1875-split/hassler-1875_0117-1.JPG

Struggling with the 'Clear' function - ?just taking a long time to happen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Win7 Firefox 41

https://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/old-weather-2015/The_Arctic_Frontier/Coast_Geodetic_Survey/Hassler/hassler-1875-split/hassler-1875_0384-0.JPG?1448649074520
I had a disaster with drawing boxes - my error probably. Then it, I think, just took so long for the program to react to my request to delete that I ended up all over the place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that's my report on big stuff

A couple of other thoughts available - things that could make it better - do you want those now pls?  :)

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 09:20:36 pm »
Did anyone get this page to transcribe: https://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/old-weather-2015/The_Arctic_Frontier/Coast_Geodetic_Survey/Hassler/hassler-1875-split/hassler-1875_0362-1.JPG ?

One person was asked to transcribe the date but not the location.

Has anyone else not gotten all the items they marked?

Bob

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 09:37:36 pm »
I haven't seen this, but I've found that selecting 'Start transcribing' seems to place you on the first overall available transcription element in your queue, not necessarily the page you've just annotated. That makes it difficult to track the link between the annotations and the transcribing.

It would be great to always have a little status line that says something like 'This is log page 32 of 186'.

Janet Jaguar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 10:08:27 pm »
The queue is confused as well as confusing - good thing to put on the to-fix list.

jil

• Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 10:37:31 pm »
Did anyone get this page to transcribe: https://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/old-weather-2015/The_Arctic_Frontier/Coast_Geodetic_Survey/Hassler/hassler-1875-split/hassler-1875_0362-1.JPG ?

One person was asked to transcribe the date but not the location.

I transcribed that page after annotating it and got all the items I had annotated