Author Topic: Helpful Hints  (Read 463 times)

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Helpful Hints
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:58:57 pm »
Bob - feel free to move or rename this ;)

Don't forget that you can change the Scale (Setup tab) while working on a page.
I just "zoomed in" to work on the events page and to check my weather transcription.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:16:09 pm by Randi »

Bob

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Helpful Hints
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 09:02:12 pm »
Keep an eye on the Date and Location indicators on the left side of the sheet. A red square means nothing has been entered for them.

Craig

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:29:41 am »
I'm glad you mentioned that, Bob. I tend to be a bit colour blind on the red-green scale. I was wondering why you had those squares there.

Bob

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 12:58:25 am »
I'm glad you mentioned that, Bob. I tend to be a bit colour blind on the red-green scale. I was wondering why you had those squares there.

Oops. What color differences would work better? Maybe complemented with an 'X' and 'O' instead of a filled cell?

Craig

• Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 11:36:43 am »
Sure, that would be good, Bob. Actually, I can see the difference in colour now that you drew my attention to it. It's just not very obvious to me.

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 02:05:44 am »
Remember that (currently) only what is Bob's boxes gets saved.

For example, if you wanted to record the mention of Admiralty Inlet - optional - at the top of this page you need to enter it in the green box on the bottom part of the page.

Danny252

• Editor and Shipherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 08:11:45 pm »
One was that sometimes the green and purple borders defining Event areas and the date cell sometimes obscured the writing underneath them. After using the sheet a couple of times, and realizing that only data entered in those areas (other than the WR data) is saved, I really didn't need such thick coloured lines, so I set my line width from 2.0 to 0.25.

I'd also like to echo the point that the lines sometimes obscure the data underneath! Thanks for the tip on making the lines thinner, maybe the change will make its way to an official version?

Bob

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 08:13:49 pm »
I'd also like to echo the point that the lines sometimes obscure the data underneath! Thanks for the tip on making the lines thinner, maybe the change will make its way to an official version?

Absolutely.  ;)