Author Topic: Duke of Edinburgh Assesor  (Read 156 times)

PridedHippo479

• View Profile
Duke of Edinburgh Assesor
« on: May 21, 2017, 01:04:23 pm »
Hey!! I'm Eduardo and I'm using the Oldweather website to complete my Duke of Edinburgh volunteering section, and I need an assessor. I really would like to do this as my volunteering section as it is much more  involved and interesting than anything else open to under-18s. I would like somebody's permission to use their name and email as my assessor, nothing more. If anybody is willing, thanks a lot!

Randi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Duke of Edinburgh Assesor
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 08:22:54 pm »
OW is indeed much more involved and interesting than any of the other Zooniverse projects, and it has a passionate forum community! ;D

I'll volunteer to be your assessor.
However, you will find that everyone is willing to help if you have questions or problems ;)

Basically you have the choice between OW:Classic and OW:Arctic.
OW:Classic (aka OW3) is well established but now has a very limited number of ships (Albatross (1900), Jamestown (1844), and Yorktown) so that you might get jumps in the chronology. Some people don't mind, but others find it annoying.
OW:Arctic (aka OW:BYOI) is in development. It has been designed and implemented by transcribers and is well tested, but the interface is not quite as smooth as OW:Classic's.

I will send you a PM (Personal Message) with more details.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:27:11 am by Randi »